Riverside Care Center is a 120-bed Skilled Nursing Center offering Cardiac and Orthopedic Specialty Care, as well as providing a Dialysis Unit and a Center for the Memory Impaired on site.
Located in Downtown McKeesport, one mile from McKeesport Hospital, Riverside provides both Skilled and Intermediate care. An outside courtyard, facing the Monongahela River, provides a relaxing environment for residents and their families and friends, while an interior courtyard is a safe and pleasant place for residents and visitors to rest and socialize.
We retain a caring, accurate, professional and experienced staff. Our people take the time to show they care. Seventy physicians comprise our medical staff, including general practitioners and specialists.
Each resident has an attending physician. Other staff includes:
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Rehabilitation Therapists (providing PT, OT and SLT)
- Respiratory Therapists
- Psychological/Psychiatric Services
- Dietary Technician and Consulting Dietitian
- Housekeeping, Laundry, and Maintenance Staff
- Administrative Staff (Admissions, Social Services, Case Management, and Business Office)
- Recreational Therapists and Activities Staff
Riverside also features:
- A Restorative Program, which offers retraining in daily activities such as ambulation and social dining
- An Activities Program, which works to bring each resident to his or her highest level of function
- A Social Services Program, which serves the resident as well as family and friends